Leftovers...what to do with them? You can put them in plastic containers and store them in the refrigerator and one week later carefully toss them in the garbage. Sound familiar?
Instead be creative and camouflage them into another appetizing meal. Here's some easy ideas.
(1) Mix chunks of beef into canned chili.
(2) Make fajitas - saute slices of beef with onions, bell peppers and seasoning. Serve on flour tortillas with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and salsa on the side.
(3) Top a prepared pizza shell with strips of beef, tomato sauce, sautéed bell peppers, onions, and cheese of your choice. Bake until hot.
(4) Shred cooked beef, add barbeque sauce of choice. Serve on a roll.
(1) Roll Crescent Roll dough around ham slices and sliced Swiss cheese, then bake until golden.
(2) Layer thinly sliced ham, lettuce leaves, cheese, and spicy mustard on a flour tortilla and roll up. Add jalepeno peppers, if you dare. Wrap in damp paper towel and warm in microwave.
(3) Mix chopped ham with green beans and cream of mushroom soup; top with french-fried onions and bake until bubbly. (Yummy!)
Leftover Mashed Potatoes:
(1) Add cream cheese, sour cream, and chives to mashed potatoes and reheat.
(2) Mix mashed potatoes, egg and bread crumbs, salt and pepper together. Form into patties and fry in pan sprayed with oil.
(3) Roll balls of mashed potatoes in sliced almonds and bake until golden.
Leftover Ham and Potatoes:
(1) Cold salad - Mix diced ham with cooked potatoes, chopped onions, boiled eggs, green peas, and ranch dressing.
(2) Tin foil warmup - Mix diced ham, cooked potatoes, chopped onions, veggie of choice, and 2-Tablespoons barbeque sauce. Warm in 350-degree oven for 20 min.
Slice meatloaf and place in a baking dish. Cover with tomato sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly. You have Meatloaf Parmesan.
Leftover Turkey or Chicken:
(1) Layer slices of turkey or chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese on white bread, dip into beaten egg and pan fry in butter until golden.
(2) Sauté turkey or chicken with onions, carrots, mushrooms, and broccoli, then toss with cooked pasta and grated Parmesan cheese.
(3) Heat turkey or chicken and green peas in cream of mushroom soup and serve over toast